1. What are the masses of proton and neutron?
2. What are the masses of proton and neutron in enegy units?
3. What is a unified atomic mass unit?
4. What chacteristics of atoms are represented by symbols A, N, and Z?
5. what are isotopes, isotones, isobars and nuclides?
6. How many nuclides are identified by physicists?
7. What is highest N/Z ratio identified?
8. what are radio active nuclides?
9. What is the formula for average radius of a nucleus?
10. what is formula for average volume of a nucleus?
11. What is nuclear spin of nucleus?
12. What are nuclear forces?
13. What is relation between nuclear force and charge?
14. What is binding energy?
15. what is mass excess?
16. what is Alpha decay?
17. What is beta decay?
18. disinguish between beta minus decay and beta plus decay?
19. what is gamma decay?
20. What is Q value of a process?
21. Distinguish between neutrino and antineutrino.
22. What is antiparticle of an electron?
23. What are characteristics are measured by units Bq and Ci?
24. Define activity of a radioactive material.
25. Left to itself, the heavy nucleus will not break according to classical physics. Is the statement true?
26. What barrier penetration?
27. What is Heisenberg uncertainty in the context of nuclear fission?
28. What are the constituents of natural uranium?
29. How do you prepare [236,92] uranium from natural uranium?
30. Give two combinations of fragments formed due to fission of [236,92) uranium.
31. what is a breeder reactor?
32. what is temperature inside the sun?
33. what is Tokamak design?
34. what is inertial confinement?
II. Give reasons for the following.
1. According to calculation by physicists, a temperature of the order of 10^9 K is required if deutrons are to be fused. But the temperature inside the sun is estimated to be around 1.5*10^7 K and the fusion is going on.